A candidate is eligible for elevation from Associate member to full Fellow status when they have fulfilled the following requirements:
- An individual may be considered for Fellow after a period of three years from the date of acceptance as an Associate Fellow, and must have demonstrated a continuing interest in the field of maxillofacial prosthetics through essays, articles, clinics, attendance at national and local meetings.
- Successfully complete an American Dental Association accredited formal training program in Maxillofacial Prosthodontics; OR
- Submit three (3) patient histories from a selection of maxillofacial subjects in the patient history format described at the end of this website page. The histories should best indicate the applicant's interest and abilities in maxillofacial prosthetics.
- Submit a scientific paper on any phase of maxillofacial prosthetics or a presentation of a paper at an Annual Scientific Meeting of the Academy; however, a poster presentation may be considered equivalent to the presentation of a paper.
- Remain in good standing in the American Dental Association or equivalent organization and in the Academy.
- Upon recommendation of the Fellowship Committee and approval of the Board of Directors and receipt of the initiation fee as determined by the Board, an Associate Fellow may be elevated to Fellow.
- The initiation fee for elevation from Associate to Full Fellow shall be waived until determined otherwise by the Board of Directors.